Monday, December 7, 2015

Excess

I took the kids up to visit Gwen over the weekend. She has one more week left in training and will be back home this Saturday. Overall it went okay, but it went by very fast, especially considering it's a 5 hour drive. The only slightly borderline moment occurred when it was almost time to leave. In my mind, I told myself that the kids and I would leave at 1 p.m., but there was a change of plans. Gwen wanted us to visit her companies headquarters and between the drive over there and the time spent touring it, we didn't get on the road until after 1:30. Yes I realize that it is only 30 minutes, but I have a huge problem when plans change and I hate it. I tend to work well with structure and that is something that I haven't had for a few years, it seems. Another issue I have had to deal with the last few weeks is a super poor diet. Over the last 15 years, healthy diet and exercise has been a huge part of my life. For the last month or so, it's been the opposite. It seems like I purposely try to eat the worst foods and as much as I possibly can.  It reminds me of my drinking habits. There was no moderation...it was always to excess. I tell myself, okay, starting tomorrow, I'll eat better and exercise. It's always tomorrow, but tomorrow never seems to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment